Do I need birth certificates for my children flying domesticaaly on Untited.

Do I need birth certificates for my children flying domesticaaly on Untited.
Leonard asked this question 3 years ago
  • United Airlines • 8 answers

    No you do not need a birth certificate, my grandchildren fly all the time without one.
  • United Airlines • 1529 answers • 96% helpful


    Children under the age of 18 traveling with an adult are not required to show ID at time of check-in.

    Children ages 15-17 traveling alone need one of the following:

    Driver's License
    Credit card
    School ID
    Company ID
    Library card
    Birth Certificate
    Social Security card
    Organization ID (such as athletic club, etc.)
    Proof of auto insurance in passenger's name

    Children ages 5-14 traveling alone are not required to show ID at time of check-in, however, they are encouraged to carry some form of ID during travel.

    The following rules are in effect for unaccompanied minor travel:

    United allows unaccompanied minor travel only on United Airlines and United Express® flights.
    Unaccompanied minors under 5 years of age are not accepted.
    Unaccompanied minors ages 5 to 7 may only travel on nonstop flights.
    Unaccompanied minors ages 8 to 11 may travel on any flight (nonstop or connecting) operated by United or United Express. However, travel will not be allowed on the last connecting flight of the day — unless the connecting flight is the only published service to that destination. Unaccompanied minors are not accepted on flights which require an overnight stay in order to make a connection.
    Children ages 12 to 17 have the option to pay the fee and use the unaccompanied minor service or they may travel as adults with no unaccompanied minor service provided.
  • 13006 answers • 92% helpful

    This expert is helping you out because there weren't many active United Airlines experts.

    It is always a good idea to have identification of some sort for everyone traveling in this day and age. For security purposes, it will alleviate any questions they may have in an unusual situation.
  • United Airlines • 3428 answers • 92% helpful

    All the above is correct
  • United Airlines • 174 answers • 100% helpful

    no you do not at all need to carry the birth certificates for youy children when any way they are travelling with you and your or your spouse name must be endorsed in the parents name section on your chldren passport so that automatically interlink the relationship with you..thx