I want to temporarily suspend my internet service while i'm on vacation.

I want to temporarily suspend my internet service while i'm on vacation. I waited over 10 minutes on the phone and listened to some nice music but no one came to help. I went on the internet to Comcast.com and was given lots of information on everything but what I wanted....Please??????
Tom asked this question 3 years ago
  • Comcast • 3554 answers • 93% helpful

    The seasonal suspend option is available as an alternative to either disconnecting your service, or paying full price when you will be away for an extended period of time.

    The seasonal suspend is for a minimum of 60 days, and a maximum of 6 months, and you can put your account into seasonal status once every calander year.

    Pricing will vary by region, but to give you a general idea, my region the services drop down to $10 each, and there are no box/modem fees.

    While in seasonal, you will only receive a black screen on your tvs

    You will have no Internet connection, but you can still log in with your Comcast user name, and send/receive emails.

    Phone service will still have a dial tone, and you can call local numbers w/o a charge. For long distance there is a $0.05 per minute charge. And of course 911 service is always active.

    3 other experts are backing this answer

    • Comcast • 821 answers • 91% helpful

      Minimum 3 months max 7 actually.
    • Comcast • 3554 answers • 93% helpful

      Differs by region actually. You need to call to check rates. 2 months min in Chicago area
    • Comcast • 821 answers • 91% helpful

      Ok. My time is based on Florida. Sorry.
    • Comcast • 3554 answers • 93% helpful

      Actually after I looked int this further, I am incorrect on this as well. In the Chicago area the service drop down to the following cost:
      internet - $7.00 per month
      cable - $7.00 per month
      CDV - $10.00 per month
      The minimum is 1 month to max of 6 months
      Cannot be used more than once in a calendar year but can be split. 3 months in the summer and 3 months in the winter for example.
  • Comcast • 286 answers • 83% helpful

    Good afternoon,pleae call us at 1888-266-2278 and we can help place your services under a snowbird for your vacation or we can give you other options. Thank you
  • Comcast • 963 answers • 65% helpful

    call 1888comcast ask for billing and they should help.
  • Comcast • 2838 answers • 82% helpful

    For temporary suspension of service, you would need to contact our Seasonal Plan department at 1-800-934-6489 M-F (8:00AM - 8:00PM) and Sat (8:00AM - 5:00PM)Eastern time.