This is a known symptom with Internet Explorer browser and we are working on a fix to address the issue.
Please try the following steps which should be a good work around to the error when opening emails:
1) Clear your Internet Cache and History and clear your browser cookies.
2. Login to your email and verify if error is still happening->if so move to step 3.
3) Backup your Internet Explorer browser "Bookmarks", then reset your browser to the default settings.
4. Login to your email and verify if error is still happening->if it is move to step5.
5) Try a different browser - Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer depending on your current browser.
Symptom: "Error has occurred while initializing zimlet Comcast search" When trying to access their e-mail?.
Solution: Uninstalling this add-on should resolve this issue. If the issue continues please reinstall IE8 (IE9 default installation includes this add-on, so while installing IE9 the user has to choose Custom installation and avoid this add-on).
Let me know if this helps or if I can help further. You can also log into your account online and use your email from there as well. :)
Sorry, under symptom B. above the add on that needs to be uninstalled is "Premium Play Codec-c". Somehow I missed putting that in the above message. Let me know if this helps. :)
The Cable Guy
• 2903 answers
• 92% helpful
"I fix it every time."
Dedicated cable technician well versed in all Comcast products and procedures. Ten years experience ranging from customer escalations to general installation and service. Always willing to help, gets enjoyment out of helping others.