This is a known symptom with Internet Explorer browser and we are working on a fix to address the issue.
Please try the following steps which should be a good work around to the error when opening emails:
1) Clear your Internet Cache and History and clear your browser cookies.
2. Login to your email and verify if error is still happening->if so move to step 3.
3) Backup your Internet Explorer browser "Bookmarks", then reset your browser to the default settings.
4. Login to your email and verify if error is still happening->if it is move to step5.
5) Try a different browser - Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer depending on your current browser.
Symptom: "Error has occurred while initializing zimlet Comcast search" When trying to access their e-mai.
Diagnosis: Known issue is with IE 8 or 9, and has an add on "Premium Play Codec-c" installed in IE
Solution: Uninstalling this add-on should resolve this issue. If the issue continues please reinstall IE8 (IE9 default installation includes this add-on, so while installing IE9 the user has to choose Custom installation and avoid this add-on).
Commercial service and installation technician, been with the company 8 years doing technical troubleshooting and installations for residential and commercial accounts. Im a front line tech and get to see more information of problems than people sitting behind a desk using scripts to help you... Follow me i can help.