I have a couple of questions for anyone who has been a technician for DIRECTV: 1.
1. Can they track where you go in your van? For instance if you are on an install and need to make a side-trip to do something for yourself personally will they know this and could you get in trouble for doing it? Do they always know your location?
2. Do you have to close-out your install with dispatch before you get your next call/install? Does a technician not have his schedule until the day he is going to work and only one at a time?
3.Also how far can a technician be routed? Is it common to be routed to installs an hour or more away from your home?
4. At the end of the day does a technician have to close-out his day with dispatch and will he possibly be put on hold for up to forty minutes or so?
5. If a technician went somewhere other than his home after work in the DIRECTV van could he get in trouble for that? Would the van be tracked?
I know the directv system up and down. I can give you an answer to anything. I've been a technician for...Accepted answer
I'm a current technician. I work directly for Directv home services. Just a quick quick question, why do you need the information your requesting?8 comments
I currently work as a CSR for Directv. I was an installer for over 8 years for Directv and dish network. If...
1 When i was there they did not have GPS however that was a couple years ago.
2. I always did it while driving.
3. I was routed all over the state sometimes 100 miles away.
4. WE did and never took that long
5. We turned our trucks in at the end of shift and drove home in our personals.11 comments
2 other experts are backing this answer
being in crg (customer retention group/save team), i am the last person you will ever need to speak with to...
Nikki, this would be a work truck and not a personal vehicle. Any contractor would know your estimated miles for the day and if you vary by very much it will make them suspicious and start to follow you. Directv is really strict with it's employees and they never think twice about letting someone go.2 comments
directv installer 7
I am a Directv installer and have been for 7 years
ok I dont work for mastec I do work for a similar company they do have gps trimble dvices in the company vans they can fire you for using your van for personal use Jobs are dipatched one at a time now not like the others have said that used to be true but not any longer hve driven over 300 mile round trip in a given day Techs get thier first install in the morning ealy We do make stops by grocery store or something like that and dont get in trouble but other than that the vans needs to go home I wouldnt chance parking i somewhere else unless i had aproval hold times vary but can be long t\They do always know your loation as to if they are really looking who knows2 comments