I was using magicjak on Windows XP for a long time.
"Tech III on your side"
Hi, try this procedure:
1) Turn on your computer and plug it in the Magic Jack dongle. The software upgrade won't work unless the Magic Jack dongle is plugged into a USB Port. It's best to plug the dongle in even before you download the upgrade just to avoid installing it without having the Magic Jack device plugged in (if you forget to plug it in, you'll have to reinstall the software).
2) Visit the Magic Jack web site and download the Windows 7 upgrade. To find the software upgrade you can either locate it through the FAQ section of the site, or you can use the link as provided in the resources section below.
3) Install the Magic Jack windows seven software upgrade. It only takes a couple of seconds. Do not pull the dongle from the USB port until the Magic Jack software is completely installed.
4) Remove the Magic Jack dongle. You have to take dongle out of the USB port and wait for about 15 seconds. Think of it as a Magic Jack reboot.
5) Plug in the Magic Jack. After 15 seconds plug in the dongle and you're good to go. Test it out by making a few phone calls.
Let me know. Take care.1 comment